Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Animal and environmentally friendly.

Last friday I went to 'Rosie's' which is a primo op shop in Glen Eden. In the racks I noticed a sweet coral jacket, as I pulled it out I realised it was suede. I brought it, couldn't resist, only $10. I pulled it out when I got home looked at the tag and noticed it was lamb suede, so not only had I brought animal skin to put around my skin but baby animal skin. I wore it on Saturday night and felt incredibly uncomfortable.

In the Lopsey upcoming collection I was thinking about the inclusion of leather. I couldn't bring myself to go to the leather outlet though. The thought of putting out a collection which used leather kind of made me sick. Lets just be clear, I'm not a vegetarian or vegan but the thought of supporting a industry of using animal's for aesthetics was a bit too much.

After a lot of thought about what Lopsey is and how we want to use the platform we've established, we've come to conclusion that we are dedicating ourselves to being environmentally and animal friendly. There are so many amazing fabrics in the world, I think the stance will make us only more awesome.

Announcing it isn't us trying to buy into a new market or anything, it's more about the commitment you enter into when something is announced.

Yay for the animals. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©2011 Lopsey Boutique. All rights reserved.